Settlement and Naturalisation
West London Immigration Services provide specialist services for people looking to settle permanently in the UK. There are many routes in the Points-Based System, Family routes and EU settlement scheme which lead to UK settlement and WLIS can determine and support you on all possibilities.
Settlement in the United Kingdom is also known as Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR).
West London Immigration Services will manage your application from start to finish, ensuring that it’s right the first time, avoiding re-application costs.
What are the criteria for UK Settlement?
Your eligibility to apply for UK Settlement is dependent upon the type of UK visa you have currently.
Your current visa must indicate that you have settled status (usually time-dependent) in the UK before a Settlement application can be made. Student visas excluded, settled status means that the applicant has lived in the UK on another visa for at least 4 years.
Below are some examples of when settled status can be granted:
- Those in a relationship with a partner (through marriage/civil partnership/unmarried and in a genuine relationship) that’s subsisting after 2 years
- Refugees and Protected Persons that have spent 5 years in the UK
- People who’ve spent 5 years on a Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP)
- EU Nationals and their dependants that have spent 5 years in the UK
- People who’ve had a valid work permit for 5 years
Those living in the UK on a Marriage visa who wish to apply for UK Settlement must be able to prove that they are still married and intend the marriage to continue.
What we can do for you:
In order to complete your UK Settlement application efficiently your immigration matter will be dealt with in 5 simple stages:
- Initially with a detailed assessment of your personal circumstances.
- Pre-application, where we will ensure that we receive the correct documents to strengthen your case.
- The completion of your UK Settlement application.
- Submission of your UK Settlement application.
- Lastly, we will contact you with the application outcome.